Since 2008, Ozone.bg has been the preferred choice of Bulgarian consumers looking for a way to escape boredom. After we migrated them to the Magento platform in 2012, and in 2018 we significantly improved the e-shop, the logical step to enter a foreign market happened.
The decision to expand in Romania was followed by several months of working with the Stenik team and today Ozone.ro is a fact.
In the expansion abroad the main point is the knowledge and understanding of consumer attitudes in the local market or the so-called localization. Fortunately, the close mentality of the customers on the Romanian market has allowed the two stores to have significantly close public part, which in turn leads to the optimization of content maintenance processes.
All customizations on the Magento platform that Ozone uses in the Bulgarian market have been transferred to the new e-shop. Despite the incomparable multi-store capabilities of Magento and the ease with which many websites, language versions, currencies and countries can be managed, it was decided to manage the new market by a separate instance of the system. A decision that was also made due to the many campaigns and peak traffic that characterizes this online store.
The main activities in the development of Ozone.ro can be classified into the following groups:
- Localization - transfers, currencies and cosmetic changes in the client part, related to the needs of the Romanian market and the business needs of Ozone;
- Integration of a new courier, compared to those used in the Bulgarian market;
- Adjustments at the user profile level;
- Integration of PayU payment method;
- Adjustments to the check out and the invoice form, according to Romanian requirements.